Within our PR consultancy, we have a vacancy for someone wishing to further their PR career in a vibrant international PR agency located in the East Midlands. This role would suit a PR professional with two to three years agency experience who is looking for a new challenge. We are looking for someone with excellent communications skills and a passion for writing and a love for the varied agency environment dealing with multiple clients.
We are a UK-based, B2B public relations consultancy with a strong emphasis on telecommunications and technology and a global client base that includes many leading international brands. Our clients are based world-wide – from China, India, Australia and Taiwan to the USA, Europe and the UK. Willingness to travel, in the UK and overseas, is a pre-requisite for this role.
Our offices are in a town centre location in Newark, Nottinghamshire. We offer flexible working, including a hybrid of home and office-based working. This requires our team members to work in the office three days per work and the other two at home.
This very varied role includes working with clients as part of an account team, including many of the following activities:
· To research and write press releases relating to the news generated by clients
· To generate and maintain press lists for given industries or vertical markets
· To ensure the distribution of press releases and monitor coverage of news releases or articles published in order to produce coverage reports
· To follow up with journalists to arrange interviews or provide additional information
· To research feature opportunities in relevant publications and negotiate with editorial teams to gain inclusion for clients in appropriate features in local, national, regional and specialist media
· To write feature articles, opinion pieces and case studies with appropriate account team support
· To prepare and write suitable blog material
· To research suitable events and awards for individual clients
· To work with media to achieve suitable contra agreements for appropriate events
· To help support client events as appropriate – calling the media to arrange interviews and creating an interview schedule, press packs and follow-up after the event
· To attend client events and exhibitions if required
· To help produce content for social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
· To contribute new ideas for social media engagement
· To monitor trends and industry news on behalf of clients
· To work with clients and develop an understanding of their PR needs
· To attend and learn from client meetings and conference calls as appropriate
· To produce client status sheets and monthly reports for clients as appropriate
The ideal candidate for this post will already have some experience of a PR role with a degree or postgraduate qualification in PR, journalism or a related discipline.
We are also looking for the following skills:
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (essential)
· Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and manage conflicting deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
· Hard-working and results-driven
· Able to work as part of a team
· Flexible and enthusiastic with the ability to work well under pressure
· Competitive salary scale starting from £18,895
· Flexible working with the opportunity to work from home.
· Pension scheme
· Additional work benefits (enhanced family friendly policies, above-average holiday entitlements)
· Training and excellent progression for the right candidate
· Opportunity for international travel (when the business environment permits)
· Excellent working environment, team-based approach
· Town centre location with easy road and rail access
We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team and are doing everything we can to ensure our colleagues feel safe at work. We are a COVID-19 safe business, following all current guidelines in place.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a full covering letter via email to email@example.com explaining why you believe your skills and experience make you suitable for the position.
Application deadline: 14th March 2022
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received.
Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.